Sunday 5 August 2012

UKHandmade Jewellery competition - my entry


I'm feeling lucky and so I'm entering the 'UKHandmade Jewellery competition'.
Here is my entry:

I recently purchased a gorgeous handmade rag doll from a lovely lady called Jo from Milly and Me.
Not only was the doll beautifully handmade by Jo but she was also made to look like my 3 year old daughter.
Jo was so accommodating and created her exactly as I wanted, with blue eyes, dimples, blond hair and holding my daughter's favourite teddy bear.

My daughter and myself absolutely love her, she is so well made with lots of details and every time I look at her, I think of my daughter. She is so precious mainly because she is not just any old doll but she is 'my Raggedy Jennie'. She will have great sentimental value to both of us, especially as my daughter grows up.

I think handmade items are so much more precious for several reasons. They are made with love, care and attention by somebody who loves what they are doing. They are of a great quality and will probably last longer than most mass produced items. But what I like most of all about handmade items is that they can be made so precious by personalising them, like in the case of my Raggedy Jennie.

So make sure that you buy UK handmade too!!!

If you would like to read more about how my Raggedy Jennie came to life, please click the link below:

http://personalisedtreasures.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-recent-purchase-raggedy-jennie.html




4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about handmade. I used to be sniffy about it in my younger days, but now appreciate things made by hand. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative post. Thanks for sharing this post with us. A parent might discover her kid is color blind BEFORE making an attempt to enter a field wherever color guitar bracelet selections square measure key!

    ReplyDelete