Wednesday 13 July 2011

More jewellery making...

You may remember my post about making some lampwork earrings for myself the other day, well I really enjoyed it so I decided to make something similar for my mum. It is her 60th birthday at the end of this month so I thought it would be a nice additional present.

Ideally, I would have liked to use some nice lampwork beads similar to mine but I don't have many of them. I had some blue agate gemstone beads and I wanted to make a necklace and earrings set. My mum normally likes shiny gold or silver jewellery but I really like the 'aged' effect on silver created by oxidising it with liver of sulphur.
So I made a set and it came out really nice but I realised that perhaps I made it to my own taste rather than to my mum's taste and I had a feeling she may not like it. She has quite a traditional taste and like most ladies her age likes flowery patterns and bright shiny jewellery.





So I had to make another set with her taste in mind. I had some lovely pink 'floating flowers' lampwork beads which I knew she would like so I used them and made a very similar set again (I still couldn't resist oxidising it for the less shiny effect!).


Anyway, I think this set is much more her taste and I'm hoping she will like it. And as for the other blue set, that one is now up for sale in my folksy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment